Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Winner and Other Chattery

I love reading your answers. Blog folks are my favorite part of this roller coaster ride of a blog! ha! I want you all to know how much you mean to me and I wish I could give each of you a penguins stamp set, sigh...but I can't. Because you know, I gotta feed my kids and and all that jazz ;)


The winner of my 3rd and final blog anniversary is: Richard Breaks! Please email me Richard with your address!

If you haven't visited his blog, you MUST. he is the best writer. I laugh every time I visit. The way he tells the stories of his cards has me in stitches and his work contains the unexpected with the traditional. It's a treat.

Me? I have been busy with sick kids, work, and last friday I got to meet Annette Witherspoon. She was my first non friend or family blog follower. I will never forget how excited I was to see her on that little sidebar.  It was such a high. Little did I realize that over time, there would be lows. Because I realize people come, but then they also leave. I couldn't believe my emotional day depended on this development, but it eventually did. No matter how much I rationalized my way to not think it. So one day, I took it off my sidebar.

Well anyway, back to Annette. We met at City BBQ. Good food and good chat. Then we went to a scrapbook store for craft time. She was real...and fun! What a full circle moment for me to meet the first follower of my blog at such a pivotal time in my blog life.

DSC_3768

Here is a project I made for Crate Paper a while ago. I think it didn't work for the intended project. It is a teacher gift. The HANDMADE part is the tag and card and NOT the candy and cookies ;) I got the cookies from the HARTVILLE KITCHEN. A FABULOUS Amish restaurant and store in Hartville, Ohio. just a hop and skip away from me!



The apple is from the Silhouette. 


The tag is from THIS file. 



The box is also found on the Silhouette HERE. When you use 2 sided paper, it makes it beautiful from all angles. Sadly, I had to replace to chocolates because I ate them all before I could give the gift. NOTE TO SELF: Don't make the project too early! 

I have major news coming February 6th...I hope you will join me then.

26 comments:

  1. Hey, that's great! Thank you for the lovely endorsement, too!
    Great collection. Apples make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the gift box, I need to use my silhouette more often. I will visit Richard's blog now :) TFS C

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that chocolate box! And I love seeing Silhouette projects. Mine has been humming with projects for my grandchildren's school, that noise makes me happy! I'm off to "meet" Richard-thanks for the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Richard!
    It's always a great time meeting up with crafty/bloggie friends!
    Your gifties are adorable..love the apple theme and cracked me up that you had to replace the chocolate. I really need to use my cameo!
    Looking forward to your news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute gifties, Wida! Sounds like you and Annette had a super fun meet-up! YAY! We sure do miss you here in CO!!! Can't wait to hear your news! Any chance you'll spill the beans early??? Or...give us a few hints????

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this hip funky ensemble! The treats look pretty good too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Richard!!! I wondered about the chocolates, I was counting them to see if there were the proper number enclosed...darling gift, darling creations...but, what's with this phrase above "my 3rd and final blog anniversary"??!! I celebrate every Wida-post, ducky..
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, Richard! And what a FUN little gift set! Those chocolates look pretty tasty, too! And how cool was it to meet Annette?!...Sounds like y'all had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are darling, Wida. Love those apple cut files. And the box. And I'd have eaten all the chocolates too, lol! Not sure I want to hear this news...Maybe you're just shifting over to Wordpress?! I hope all is well with you, and whatever the news is, you know that the cardmaking community is in your corner. Glad you got to meet Annette. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME creations, Miss Lady!! I miss ya, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats to Richard! He's the best!!! What fun creations :-) Final Blogaversary? Explain? Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a nice story to meet your first follower in real life! Congrats on your anniversary. Love you blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Richard:)
    Well, life IS like a box of chocolates..makes you feel warm and fuzzy,..always looking forward to the next one!. HA!
    This place sure is look'in cleaned up and ready for a big move ...Are you the new PTI gal?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Önemli giriş adreslerine buradan ulaşabilirsiniz.
    betturkey giriş
    betpark giriş
    JL2A

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...