Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back to the Drawing Board

This is my THIRD (really?) post of the day, to see my other submission to the Sparks Challenge and Casual Fridays and my Paper Made Bakery Sneak Peak, scroll down.

After making my first card for the challenges (to see my first post for these challenges scroll down), I went back to the drawing table and tried something new. I hope you see that in this little blog, that I am open to trying new things and giving some variety of technique and style. Anyhoo, I made a shaker card. I had envisioned snowflakes with white aspen trees, but it didn't fit the color scheme, so I am going to tuck away that little gem of an idea for another day.

Here is my second card for both challenges trying a SHAKER CARD! And I was a bit lazy on the shake part because I am not really good at fussy cutting, so I just punched out the leaves!



I am entering this card in both Paper Smooches Cool Shades Color Challenge and Casual Fridays Challenge #71, make a CAS card inspired by Autumn.






and Paper Crafts September 2012 Challenge: Natural Elements!

11 comments:

  1. I really like this one too, love the burlap and it works to hve punched the leaves as they are so small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So inventive you are! This is one FABULOUS shaker card, Wida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work...love the burlap and the twine...adds fab texture-ness:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divine...I love the touch of burlap! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the leaves and the burlap so much fun! and thanks for the funny comment on my post hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those punched leaves are so right-on! I love that you didn't just cut them out. Fantastic, Wida!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cool shaker card, and I love the addition of burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! I love the shaker card! LOOOOOOVE the leaves and that twine! FAB card all around:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wida, I love that bit of burlap and twine! What a fabulous fall card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...