Thursday, April 5, 2012

Moxi Fab World: DIY Embellishments

I can't sleep. this happens sometimes and I just ride the wave till it's over. I thought I would use my insomnia productively and make a post. If this doesn't make sense, you know why.

Moxi Fab World has a challenge that is dear to my heart. Here's why:

When I was growing up, my parents didn't have a lot of money to buy us the latest trends and such. Whenever we would go shopping and I wanted something, my mother would take one look at it, declare "YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY THAT, I CAN MAKE IT" and with that statement my beloved item (don't remember any of them now) would go back on the rack. Now did she ever make any of the items? Nope. But the idea brings me to the challenge.

I regularly peruse my local scrappy establishments with all their baubles and trinkets and wouldn't you know it, my mother's words come sailing into my head? So, I gave it a go. Here is my card with my very own hand made embellishment.


My Mamma would be proud!

Have a good day,

Wida

3 comments:

  1. This is a darling card, Wida! Love your felt flower with the button! Being resourceful is always a GOOD thing! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wida! Thanks for linking this up to the DIY Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...