Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How I approach Beachorado Design

I am no decorator, I have no fancy degree...there, disclaimer stated.

Decorating can be intimidating. Where do you start? Well, this is how I do it. I know there are lots of ways to design a room probably with more logic than my way, but my way makes sense to me! This post is focused on where to start. A lot of people tell you to cut pages out of a magazine and figure out your "style" and so on. That takes too much time for me and my style is always changing, hence why I had to come up with my own design category. My approach is very simple.

1. Go to your favorite store, don't worry about the price bracket of the store. Places I like include Arhaus, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and TJ Maxx. These stores carry products that are breathtaking, and well, so are their prices. But! this part is worth the spending. We can skimp in other areas...more on that in a bit.

2. Search the pillows in this store and find one that you:
ABSOLUTELY LOVE.
CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT.
MUST HAVE OR ELSE.

Probably the pillow you chose will have it's own style to it. I will give you an example from Crate and Barrel of a BEACHORADO pillow:


http://www.crateandbarrel.com/decorating-and-accessories/decorative-pillows/palisade-16%22-pillow/s381937


For those of you who struggle with figuring out what colors go together, I recommend you chose a pillow with lots of color. The pillow is the basis to which room will be designed. From the pillow, I chose wall color, draperies, furniture etc. I will show this in later posts. So, that's it! Easy peazy! 

If for some reason, you have something else you must have in the room, say a couch that you can't replace or an art piece that spoke to you, then you would try to find a pillow with that particular color in it and build that way.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for helping me with 2 of my rooms which are my most favorite rooms in my house!! No design education needed.... you just need an eye and you have it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by...